Sunday, July 26, 2009

LOVE {pro longwear lipcolour by mac}

How many of you have purchased "long wear" lipstick only to discover that it's not quite as long-lasting as you hoped it would be? I'm the kind of girl that loses lipstick and gloss really quickly, so I did my research and found a really, REALLY long wearing lip color- Pro Longwear Lipcolour by Mac Cosmetics {$21}.

Let me give you an idea of how serious this stuff is... I have applied my favorite color, Unchanging- a neutral lilac pink, immediately after brushing my teeth in the morning, worn it throughout the day {reapplying the included clear gloss after eating, drinking, etc,} brushed my teeth before bed, gone to sleep, and woken up the next morning with color on my lips. I never even had to reapply Pro Longwear Lipcolour on our wedding day, {and our photographer made us do a lot of kissing!}

The key with this stuff is in the application. You've got to use the wand to evenly and carefully apply color onto your lips WITHOUT pressing them together/smearing the color around. If you don't keep your lips apart, you might get a less-than-stellar coating. Allow the color to dry fully before you apply the clear gloss. Then just apply more gloss whenever you want/need to.

What's your favorite long-lasting lip product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin